Civilization

After a week without mobile connection I eventually hit ‘civilization’.

The journey commenced on a cold, wet Saturday in Pemberton. First day I had my two boys walking with me, but for the last 6 days it’s been very quiet – very few people on the track. I wonder why?

In summary, stunning scenery, magnificent forests but lots and lots of hills. Just walked up the apply named, ‘cardiac’ hill!!!!

Arrived at Donnelly River Village just in time as all my clothes were wet from the rain. Thank goodness they had a washing machine and dryer. Stayed the night in the bunk house and had the luxury of a bed and blanket – it was heaven. I thought it was apt that the bunkhouse was in the old school building!

Thursday night was so cold that at one stage I was wearing nearly every piece of clothing available and I was still shivering.

Presently at Blackwood campsite, walked past Southampton homestead just stunning views. One day left with a walk to Balingup. Going to end there and not continue to Collie, just too cold and wet.

Highlight was walking past the halfway point. Now completed close to 600kms – just 373kms to go!