973ms, 973 000 meters or about 1 300 000 steps.

Why am I doing this? Why am I contemplating walking this distance? Why would I take myself away from the comfort of my home and family to spend weeks tracking through the bush of WA? Why am I going to be wet, cold and sometimes miserable?

The answer is easy: I love our College and I love my job.

When I heard that our theme this year was Today, Tomorrow, Together, this really resonated with me and I thought what will my legacy be? How can I do something that can collectively pull our community together so that we will be remembered for our contribution to our College’s facilities. When I sit in Hadley Hall I think that it was because of the philanthropic efforts of others that we’ve this great building.

The Junior Years’ Redevelopment is a building that has been designed to meet the needs of the twenty first century learner. I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished, not only for our present girls and boys, but for future generations.

Besides wanting to help support the College with the fundraising for the new Junior Years’ building I also want to model to the girls that you’re never too old to go on an adventure. How can I expect the girls to be lifelong learners if I’m not prepared to step forward and have a go? I might not be successful in completing all 973kms, but I know that I’ll give it my best shot. It’s all about having a go and not worrying about failure.

I hope you’ll support my endeavors and help us raise this money. Together we can achieve this, and all our future plans and goals.

Thank you for your support and encouragement.

Mike